Delos Insurance is an early-stage InsurTech startup that’s building a data-driven home insurance provider for wildfire regions. Delos’ product provides badly needed insurance coverage and financial stability for homeowners, while simultaneously helping them build resilience in the face of increasing natural disasters. Delos Insurance is using climate data, satellite imagery, and AI to finally create an insurance product that truly protects people. Additionally, we provide innovative risk monitoring and mitigation services to actively protect the homeowners most in the path of catastrophic risk.We have strong defensibility in a recession-proof market, with patent pending IP. Our team includes world leading wildfire and climate science professors and deeply experienced insurance product experts.We’re looking for an experienced Head of Product Software to help us develop the core Delos Insurance product and risk mitigation platform. Innovation on the risk mitigation platform is central to our company’s ethos, as it will allow, for the first time in insurance, to proactively facilitate climate resilience for individual consumers. This role will act as the customer advocate and will own the entire process of translating our business goals into a user experience. The ideal candidate brings demonstrated experience in software engineering, leadership, maturity and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle. Preferred but not required experience: former work experience in the digital insurance or fintech sectors, as well as startup and product development experience.Responsibilities:
- Design and manage the creation of a world class user experience
- Lead development team to create product feature design, development, and testing, while keeping to budget and schedule
- Develop and integrate platform modules including actuarial, claims, distribution, risk mitigation service, and other functional areas, as well as align and measure goals set against financial plans
- Lead a team of 3-10 engineers with 2-3 main topics of focus. Drive prioritization of development roadmap and fixes
- Work with, and influence, cross functional stakeholders within Delos Insurance, e.g. Product, Design, Data Science, Finance
- Areas of focus will be around backend services and platform capabilities, including Partner APIs for ecosystem enablement
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience creating UX/UI
- Proven ability to build a team, develop people, and influence cross-functional teams and senior management
- Adaptability to increase the scope of work / switch around to other areas of impact at a fast-moving startup
- Experience working with database systems
- Technical proficiency in SQL and database frameworks
- High level of proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and systems design
- Bachelor’s or M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Startup experience
- InsurTech, fintech experience
Compensation & Perks:
- Great equity package, competitive salaries, unlimited PTO policy, very flexible about remote working
- Work with world-leading wildfire and Geospatial research scientists, creating products that have real life impact on people’s safety and climate resilience
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Delos is an Insurtech Managing General Agent that writes property insurance for wildfire-exposed homes. Delos leverages new data and machine learning to create more accurate wildfire underwriting risk models, enabling Delos to offer competitive pricing in high-risk regions.
Delos also leverages their analytics into a real time risk mitigation service to re-envision the consumer experience and protect consumers’ homes.